Before IV Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home, and stay with the patient for 12 hours.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery (1 week preferably).
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Please remove any fingernail polish on at least 1 finger. We will attach a device that is needed to monitor your oxygen level on your fingertip. Fingernail polish will hinder this monitoring.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Amini, Dr. Wang or Dr. Gaal prior to your surgical date for instructions.
We’re Here To Help!
Call our caring staff with any questions or concerns!