We take the utmost care in securing your private patient information. With our state-of-the-art paperless charting system and added layer of firewall security, you can rest assured your information is safe.
Privacy Fact Sheet
- Your health information privacy rights
- Privacy, security, and electronic health records
- Understanding the HIPAA notice
- Sharing health information with family and friends
Who Can Look At And Receive Your Health Information
The Privacy Rule sets rules and limits on who can look at and receive your health information. To make sure that your health information is protected in a way that does not interfere with your health care, your information can be used and shared:
- For your treatment and care coordination.
- To pay doctors and hospitals for your health care and to help run their businesses.
- With your family, relatives, friends, or others you identify who are involved with your health care decision or your health care bills, unless you object.
- To protect the public’s health, such as by reporting when the flu is in your area.
- To make required reports to the police, such as reporting gunshot wounds or domestic violence.