What are Facial Fillers?
By definition, facial fillers (aka dermal fillers), are synthetic or naturally-occurring substances that can be deposited underneath the skin to achieve a plumping or filling effect.
What are the uses of facial fillers?
- Enhance/augment shallow contours
- Add volume to thin lips
- Enhance appearance of a deep scar
- Soften deep facial wrinkles and creases
Call Cascadia Oral Surgery, Kirkland WA Phone Number 425-358-2726 with questions about Facial Fillers or to schedule your consultation.
Facial Implants vs. Facial Fillers? How Do I Decide?
It is wise to always have our surgeons perform an evaluation and collectively, you and our surgeons will decide which option is more suitable for you.
- generally is permanent unless removed by the surgeon
- able to fill a bigger volume or void such as modifying a weaker chin
- involves having a scar (that is well hidden)
- generally no allergies unless if the patient is allergic to silicone and its byproducts
- great for facial asymmetries
- surgical procedure done as an outpatient basis and will need a few days of down time because of pain and swelling
- shifting or settling of the implant may occur, requiring more surgeries for correction
- may become infected, requiring removal
- lasts anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on the materials used, unless if silicone is used, which is permanent
- used to augment areas requiring little volumes, such as a deep wrinkle line
- little to no scarring
- different filler materials have different active ingredients, so a true severe allergy is more likely
- great for mild “plumping” of cheeks, lips, or anywhere on the face
- can easily be done during the lunch hour without any downtime
- little chance of shifting or settling of filler materials
- small “touch-ups” are easy to achieve
- infections can occur but generally only requiring oral or topical antibiotics
What are the types of facial fillers?
- Collagen: bovine-derived, procine-derived, bio-engineered human-derived
- Hyaluronic Acid: Restalyne®, Juvederm®, Captique®, Puragen®, Prevelle Silk®
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite: Radiesse®
Curious About The Fillers We Offer?
Let us help you find the right procedures for you to leave you beautiful and satisfied!